Postural Equipment – Posture Tech
Posture Tech is a technical program based at Rocky Bay’s Cockburn hub, which has a purpose built, fully equipped workshop with access to spacious assessment clinics. A mobile service is also available throughout the wider Perth Metro area via our purpose fitted van.
Our experienced, innovative team of technicians, upholsterers and support personnel will work with you, your therapists and your family, carer or support worker (where required) to help you achieve your goals.
Our services include:
- Designing and manufacturing customised postural supports to meet your specific physical requirements, such as seating cushions and lying supports. State of the art equipment is used in the manufacture of highly complex seating, using a range of foams, fabrics and other materials.
- Repairing and servicing a range of disability equipment, such as wheelchairs, hoists, commodes and standing supports, to ensure that they function correctly and safely. We promote annual servicing of equipment to minimise equipment breakdown. Annual services are usually conducted at your own home or other community environment.
- Manufacture of bespoke mounts, holders and hand grips via 3D printing, when off –the-shelf options are unavailable.
- Mounting of portable ventilators to wheelchair.
What do our services cost?
- Posture Tech charges an hourly rate for all technical and upholstery work plus the cost of any parts or materials supplied. In most cases, an estimate is provided prior to commencement of work so that you or your funder can review the potential cost upfront and choose to accept or reject the estimate.
- If work is carried out at your home or other community environment, a standard call out fee applies.
- In the case of urgent repairs, it is not possible to provide a quote up front, as the equipment needs to be assessed to identify the fault. In this situation you will be charged for a call out and for the time required to assess the item and the relevant rehab technician will discuss what further work or parts will be required so that you can choose to reject or go ahead with the repair.
Appointments with Posture Tech are conducted between 8.30am and 4.30 from Monday to Friday.
Why we are different
- We are customer focused and provide convenience in the way you can access our services, whether attending our Posture Tech clinics or in the community through use of our mobile service.
- We focus on you, ensuring that equipment solutions meet your specific outcomes and needs.
- We have modern equipment and a state of the art workshop, providing up to date design services for custom manufacturing.
- We can conduct digital scanning of your posture and generate computer carved cushions specific to your individual body shape.
- Our technical staff (technical officers and upholsterers) are well trained and experienced in working with disability equipment.
- We have access to qualified and highly experienced occupational therapists with skills in the areas of postural care, assistive technology and environmental controls.
- Our program has continual improvement, research and training programs in place.
Contact our team during business hours:
Please call the Administrative Assistant at Posture Tech on (08) 6399 4191 as soon as possible if you cannot make your scheduled appointment.