The Talking About Kids Workshop aims to develop your skills and ability to recognise behaviour and emotional wellbeing concerns, understand how they have come about and act on improving them.
This group is designed for parents who want more guidance around the everyday behaviour and emotional situations with their child for the best opportunity to improve their relationship.
Benefits of Talking About Kids Workshop
Talking About Kids Workshop provides a secure environment where you are encouraged to participate in skill-building exercises that aim to improve your understanding and relationship with your child.
The aim of this therapy group is to provide you with the power and knowledge to:
- Understand how emotions develop and mature in children
- Confidently respond to meltdowns and tantrums
- Understand when professional intervention is required
- Reinforce positive behaviours and discourage challenging behaviours in the best way
- Solve problems where difficult situations arise
- Teach your child how to regulate their own emotions
The Talking About Kids Workshop includes:
- 5 weekly sessions
The program is broken down into the following topics:
- Adjusting to disability, supports available and self-care
- Recognising emotions, developing emotional regulation skills and how this may be impacting your child
- Exploring how the brain works and emotional development
- Behaviour management and support
- Looking into the future and future planning
Who’s eligible for Talking About Kids Workshop?
The Talking About Kids is best suited to parents of young or adolescent children who want more skills around behaviour and supporting emotional wellbeing.
If you believe that Talking About Kids is ideal for you, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
10am- 12pm every Tuesday, 12th February – 26th March 2019 (Rockingham Office)
Register your interest for Talking About Kids Workshop today!
For further information, please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]