What is the Social Thinking Superflex Group?
The Superflex Curriculum provides individuals with social communication difficulties, a fun, safe and non-threatening way to explore social thinking, whilst developing their knowledge of social expectations and identifying ways to modify their thoughts and related behaviours across settings.
The Social Thinking Superflex group uses a range of interactive games and scenario-based role-plays to support improved social outcomes.
Benefits of Social Thinking Superflex Group
The Social Thinking Superflex Group is a fun and engaging form of therapy that aims to help your child:
- Improve their social thinking skills, such as starting a conversation.
- Adapt to situational changes and expectations in social situations.
- Improve communication skills.
- Improve and modify social thoughts.
- Foster positive social interaction with peers.
Social Thinking Superflex Group Program Structure
The Social Thinking Superflex Group consists of 5 to 10 participants with social communication difficulties, and a qualified therapist. The group consists of 10 sessions (not including pre and post assessment) that run for 1.5 hours over the course of 10 weeks.
The curriculum has three different components, these being:
- To explore the Social Thinking concepts and vocabulary related to the curriculum
- To increase awareness of the participants own social behaviours
- To address self-monitoring and modifying behaviours through the use of Superflex strategies
Each session, your child will be introduced to a new activity that aims to target the above.
Who’s eligible for the Social Thinking Superflex?
The Social Thinking Superflex Group is best suited to children aged 8 – 11 years who:
- Are able to participate in a group setting
- Have comprehension skills
- Are developing skills in understanding thoughts and feelings of themselves and others
- Have a goal related to making friends and improving social interactions
If you believe that Social Thinking Superflex Group is suitable for your child, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
No upcoming dates are set for this group. Please complete the registration form to express your interest in attending the next group.
Register your interest in the Social Thinking Superflex Group today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]