What is Social Thinking & Me Therapy?
Social Thinking & Me Therapy works to help your child build meaningful interactions with their peers and family. The skills taught in Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group will guide your child in navigating the thoughts, emotions and behaviours of themselves and others.
Benefits of Social Thinking & Me Therapy
Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group is a fun and engaging therapy that aims to help your child:
- Understand thinking & observation skills for better group play
- To learn together with peers and develop friendships i.e. social problem solving, understanding what is socially expected in various situations, self-regulation in social settings
- To focus on modifying social thoughts, rather than explicitly teaching specific social skills
- Your confidence as a parent will also grow as the strategies your child is being taught become part of their natural interaction.
Social Thinking & Me Therapy Workshop Program Structure:
Social Thinking & Me focuses on teaching and practicing social thinking concepts such as the ‘expected and unexpected’ behaviours. The sessions include a range of different social situations to help your child adapt and apply their learning to real life scenarios. Social Thinking & Me will help your child to ‘tune in’ to other’s thoughts and feelings to adjust their behaviours in social situations.
The group takes place each school holidays and consists of 10 sessions, not including the pre-assessment, that run for 1.5 hours over the course of several weeks.
Who’s eligible for Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group?
Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group is best suited to children aged 10 – 13 years who:
- Are able to participate in a group setting
- Have good comprehension skills
- Are developing skills in understanding thoughts and feelings of themselves and others
- Have a goal related to making friends and improving social interactions
If you believe that Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group is suitable for your child, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
Term 2 workshop starts on Friday 3 May 2019 from 4pm- 5:30pm at the Cockburn Office (PKC).
This group is a 10 week course.
Register your interest in Social Thinking & Me Therapy Group today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]