What is Protective Behaviours Group?
The Protective Behaviours Group aims to develop children’s protective behaviours and resilience by increasing children’s awareness of their right to feel safe all the time and their safety networks available to assist them.
This group is designed for children and teenagers, aged between 10 and 14 years who need guidance in being self-aware and aware of safety concerns around them.
Benefits of Protective Behaviours Group
Protective Behaviours Group provides a secure environment where your child is encouraged to participate in skill-building exercises that aim to improve their knowledge in what it means to be safe.
The aim of this therapy group is to provide your child with the power and knowledge to:
- Recognise warning signs in themselves and their situation
- Understand body awareness and ownership in private and public
- Be assertive
- Acknowledge theirs and others’ personal space
- Solve problems where they feel uncomfortable
The Protective Behaviours Group includes:
- 8 weekly sessions
Protective Behaviours covers two key themes:
- “We all have the right to feel safe”
- “We can talk with someone about anything, no matter what it is”
The program is broken down into the following topics:
- Intro to themes, Safety, Emotions
- Warning Signs, Safety Continuum, Assertiveness
- Public & Private, Puberty, Body Safety Rules
- Circle of Touch
- Safety Network, Secrets
- Cyber safety
- Friendships & Self Esteem
- Review & Graduation
Who’s eligible for Protective Behaviours Group?
The Protective Behaviours Group is best suited to children and teenagers aged 10 to 14 years.
If you believe that Protective Behaviours Group is ideal for you, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
There are no groups scheduled for this year, but please register your interest now for groups in 2020.
Register your interest for Protective Behaviours Group today!
For further information, please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]