Between 40 to 80% of all children with Autism have anxiety levels that interfere with participation in their daily occupations and this tends to progressively worsen during the teenage years (Dr Wray, ASD Symposium, 18 June 2018). To help your child combat this anxiety, Rocky Bay has developed its Flexible Friends program, aimed at pre-adolescent children. The program is designed to guide your child through practical strategies to enable them to cope with difficult emotions and anxiety.
Benefits of Flexible Friends
Participants in our Flexible Friends program will gain benefits from learning:
- Mindful movements and sequences that will support emotional regulation
- Self-awareness and regulation through breathing and mindfulness activities
- Further tips and techniques for managing anxiety and other difficult emotions
The group will be taught through games and activities which are loads of fun!
A comprehensive recommendations report will be provided.
Flexible Friends Program Structure
There will be a focus on practising strategies at home between sessions to ensure content learnt can be generalised in other environments.
The sessions will run daily for 1.5 hours over one week of the school holidays.
Who’s eligible for the Flexible Friends Program?
- Children aged 10 – 13 years
- Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Has difficulty managing difficult emotions or anxiety
- Able to participate in some physical postures and movements throughout the group
5 to 9 October 2020
2:00pm to 3:30pm
This group will be the equivalent to 4.75 NDIS plan hours. To register for the upcoming workshop click on the link below.