Using LEGO® in Therapy Group is more than just creating masterpieces with LEGO®, it’s about using role play to reinforce tools that help your child in social situations. Building Buddies Therapy can be an effective tool to develop verbal and non-verbal communication, sharing, turn-taking and a number of other positive social and communication outcomes.
Benefits of using LEGO® for kids with Autism
Building Buddies Therapy Group is a fun and engaging therapy that aims to help your child:
- Improve their ability to collaborate and solve problems with others
- Adapt to situational changes and expectations
- Improve social communication skills
- Build on their strengths and interests
- Foster positive social interaction with peers
Building Buddies Therapy Group Program Structure:
Building Buddies Therapy Group consists of teams of 3 children and a qualified therapist who work together to achieve a common task. The children are given a LEGO® plan that they need to build. Each child is assigned a role to help them complete the building as a team.
There are a number of roles (i.e. Engineer, Supplier, Builder) that each child has the opportunity to play to help focus their energy on a particular task.
The group takes place each school holidays and consists of 5 sessions that run for 2 ½ hours per day
Who’s eligible for Building Buddies Therapy?
Building Buddies Therapy Group is best suited to children aged 8-12 years who:
- Have an interest in LEGO®
- Have foundational social skills
- Are able to follow complex verbal instructions
- Are able to maintain attention and regulate their emotions
If you believe that Building Buddies Therapy Group is suitable for your child, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
Building Buddies will be held on the following dates:
- 7 October – 11 October 2019
Location: Cockburn, Duncraig and Rockingham
Time: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Register your interest for Building Buddies Therapy Group today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]