What is Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk?
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop has been designed specifically for parents of children aged 8 and under, who are experiencing language delays. This teaches you how to become your child’s most important language teacher. Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk will help you to:
- Recognise your child’s level and style of communication
- Identify signs that will indicate when your child is ready to upskill their language
- Motivate and empower your child to improve their communication and interactions with others
- Adjust everyday routines to encourage your child to take turns and keep interactions going
Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk does this by empowering you to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved ability to initiate conversation
- Improved confidence in communication
- Improved turn-taking and back-and-forth interactions
Here are some of the valuable things you’ll learn when you attend the Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk:
- Follow your child’s lead to build their confidence and encourage them to communicate
- How to include more language in your interactions with your child
- Using multiple methods, such as play and books, to encourage communication
- Focus on how you speak to enhance your child’s understanding and ability to learn new words
Benefits of Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk
Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop incorporates a number of benefits for parents who are attending and their children:
- Provides parents with the ability to share experiences, gain insight and make new friends
- Provides practical strategies you can use in everyday situations
- Improve communication with your child
- Get feedback from a Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist on the best methods for communication
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop includes:
- 1 pre-workshop consultation
- 5 training sessions in small, personalised groups
- 2 centre based sessions
- A Hanen Certified Speech Pathologist leading the program
Who’s eligible for Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk?
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop is for parents. It is best suited to parents of children aged 0-8 years who are experiencing language delays.
If you believe that Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop is ideal for you, register your interest and a Customer Engagement Officer will contact you to confirm eligibility.
The next workshop will be held at the Cockburn Office (PKC).
- Pre-workshop consultation: 26th July 2019 – 2nd August 2019
- Training Sessions begin – 9th August 2019 9.30am
Register for Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]