What is Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk?
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop has been designed specifically for parents of children aged 8 and under, who are experiencing language delays. This teaches you how to become your child’s most important language teacher. Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk will help you to:
- Recognise your child’s level and style of communication
- Identify signs that will indicate when your child is ready to upskill their language
- Motivate and empower your child to improve their communication and interactions with others
- Adjust everyday routines to encourage your child to take turns and keep interactions going
Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk does this by empowering you to help your child reach the following three goals:
- Improved ability to initiate conversation
- Improved confidence in communication
- Improved turn-taking and back-and-forth interactions
Here are some of the valuable things you’ll learn when you attend the Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk:
- Follow your child’s lead to build their confidence and encourage them to communicate
- How to include more language in your interactions with your child
- Using multiple methods, such as play and books, to encourage communication
- Focus on how you speak to enhance your child’s understanding and ability to learn new words
Benefits of Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk
Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop incorporates a number of benefits for parents who are attending and their children:
- Provides parents with the ability to share experiences, gain insight and make new friends
- Provides practical strategies you can use in everyday situations
- Improve communication with your child
- Get feedback from a Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist on the best methods for communication
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop includes:
- 1 pre-workshop consultation
- 5 training sessions in small, personalised groups
- 2 centre based sessions
- A Hanen Certified Speech Pathologist leading the program
Who’s eligible for Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk?
The Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop is for parents. It is best suited to parents of children aged 0-8 years who are experiencing language delays.
If you believe that Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop is ideal for you, register your interest and a Customer Engagement Officer will contact you to confirm eligibility.
The next workshop will be held at the Cockburn Office (PKC) beginning on the 17th May 2019.
Register your interest for Hanen: It Takes Two To Talk Workshop today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]