This January School Holidays, Rocky Bay is excited to announce a new and unique opportunity for your child to take part in a 5 day intensive rehab day camp that will focus on facilitating goals around independence through play and activity based therapy.
Examples for self-identified goals that your child can work on include:
- self-care activities (e.g. dressing, buttoning, brushing teeth) mobility,
- transfers and
- sports specific skills.
All activities throughout the day will be targeted to work on each participants individualised goals in creative, fun and strategic ways.
Why participate in a high intensity approach to therapy?
An intensive approach to therapy has been shown to be highly motivating with participants often gaining rapid results in their functionality. It encourages children to recognise their progress within a short time frame. The Rocky Bay Intensive Therapy Day Camp will also have the opportunity for children to develop friendships and socialise with others.
Who is suitable for the Intensive Therapy Day Camp?
- Children aged 6 – 14 years old (5 year olds will be considered)
- They have a physical component to their diagnosed disability
- Are able to reliable communicators and can they follow verbal prompts and
- Do not have severe behavioural challenges
The camp will run from 9am – 3pm*, Monday 20 January to Friday 24 January 2020 at Rocky Bay Cockburn Hub.
The camp package also includes:
- A 1.5 hour pre-assessment session (on the 15 January 2020) where goals will be set together and what you are hoping to achieve from the camp will be discussed. Your child will be filmed completing their selected tasks so that the therapists can analyse how best to support your child through the camp.
- A 1.5 hour post-assessment session (on the 29 January 2020) where a review takes place and next steps for progress are discussed. Your child will be filmed once again so progress can be analysed.
- A report detailing recommendations for your child to continue progress after the camp.
*Optional Pre and Post Therapy Session Respite
We understand the camp time may be difficult to work around pick up and drop off, so post respite care is available from 7:30am to 9am, and after the therapy camp from 3pm to 5pm. The children will be involved in fun activities and games, and will have the opportunity to wind down after a busy day.
This camp provides your child 30 hours of therapy time using just 20 NDIS plan hours in an unique learning environment using your capacity building budget.
If you are still receiving block funding with Rocky Bay, please take the opportunity to contact our Customer Engagement Team on 9383 6113 to discuss the option of covering the full cost of this camp by applying for Comprehensive Respite Funding
Express your interest today!
As there are only six places for the camp, please fill in your expression of interest below as soon as possible. If your child is suitable, your place will be confirmed.
By expressing your interest in the Intensive Therapy Day Camp, you will receive more information via email once you have completed the below form.
For further information, please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]