What is Hanen: TalkAbility®?
The Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop is designed specifically for parents of children aged between 3 and 11 years on the Autism spectrum and children who may have social communication difficulties.
The program provides you with the tools, strategies and support you need to help your child reach their full communication potential.
Hanen: TalkAbility will help you:
- Learn practical skills and strategies to guide your child in learning “people skills”
- Use methods to show your child how to tune into others’ feelings and emotions
- Show your child how to recognise and respond appropriately to non-verbal communication
- Show your child how to engage with other children and build friendships
Benefits of Hanen: TalkAbility
Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop incorporates a number of benefits for parents who are attending and their children:
- Provides parents with the ability to share experiences, gain insight and make new friends
- Provides practical strategies you can use in everyday situations
- Improve communication with your child
- Get feedback from a Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist on the best methods for communication
The Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop includes:
- 1 orientation session
- 1 pre-workshop consultation
- 8 workshops
- 2 individual video feedback sessions
- 1 individual video feedback session
- A Hanen Certified speech-language pathologist leading the program
Eligibility for Hanen: TalkAbility?
The Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop is for parents. It is best suited to parents of children aged 3-11 years who have a diagnosis of Autism.
If you believe that Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop is ideal for you, register your interest and a Therapy Administration team member will contact you to confirm eligibility.
Please register your interest below for upcoming groups.
Register your interest for Hanen: TalkAbility Workshop today!
For further information please contact the Therapy Administration team:
Phone: (08) 9555 9101
Email: [email protected]