WA’s new drink container deposit scheme Containers for Change is here – and Rocky Bay are proud to be a registered donation point for the recycling program!
Did you know WA uses more than 1.3 billion eligible drink containers each year? That’s enough to line a path from Perth to Broome! We can all do our bit, and magnify our social impact, by donating your container refund (10 cents for every container you collect) to Rocky Bay.
The scheme pays cash for exchanged eligible ccontainers and people can choose to ‘donate’ their 10 cents per container to Rocky Bay!
HOW DOES CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE WORK?
Eligible containers are returned to a Refund Point directly for a 10 cent refund, or to a Donation Point run by not-for-profit organisations.
How to support Rocky Bay:
- Collect eligible containers, rinse and remove the lids
- Drop off the clean containers to one of our collection points at our Duncraig, Ascot, Mosman Park, Cockburn or Mandurah hubs or;
- Use Rocky Bay’s scheme ID (C10286148) at your local Refund Point – the donation will be credited to Rocky Bay
- Only eligible containers are accepted by the scheme. You can access the Eligible Container Checker here
- Containers Rocky Bay receive are donated to us and the refund will be credited to Rocky Bay.
WHAT CONTAINERS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND?
Most aluminium, glass, plastic, steel and liquid paperboard containers between 150ml and 3L are eligible. They must also:
- Have contained a beverage not excluded from the scheme (e.g. cordials and plain milk, and glass bottles that contained wine/spirits are not included in the scheme and are not eligible for refund)
- Display the refund mark – most containers will already have a refund mark for SA and NT and are eligible
- Be an approved container (as some containers are made from non-recyclable materials)
Click here to view the Eligible Container Checker.