PLEASE NOTE: Rocky Bay has reached capacity for Respite and Family Support Funding for 2018-19 and is unable to process any further applications. It is unknown at this stage if Respite and Family Support Funding will be provided to Rocky Bay in 2019-20; however, please contact us again after 1 July 2019 or check back on this page for updates.
Rocky Bay’s Respite and Family Support (RFS) funding supports people living with disability and their families, promoting respite and family bonding time, helping to ease financial pressures, and supporting those who may be in crisis and need additional supports.
RFS funding can go toward a range of experiences that encourage respite for families either in or out of the home. The funding can be used to cover activities or events that customers can participate in – which in turn provides a break for their family – as well as respite in the form of a short break.
Who is eligible for RFS funding?
Anyone who meets the below criteria, whether they are a Rocky Bay customer or not. To qualify for RFS funding you must:
- live at home with their primary carer
- be registered with the Department of Communities
- Not be funded by an NDIA or WA NDIS plan.
How can it be used?
The funding must contribute towards a respite effect – for example, if you or a loved one who needs to have a break through the support they receive. This could be a break from a usual routine or providing your family with some downtime.
In the past, the funding has gone toward:
- membership fees to a gym or yoga
- a support worker to provide in-home care for children so the parents may go out
- a holiday, including flights, accommodation and travel costs
- other activities and events that customers can participate in, which in turn provides a break for the family.
Please note that funds cannot be provided retrospectively.