Rocky Bay are excited to announce we will be offering podiatry and dietetics services to our customers with therapy services.
Two new specialists have been employed to provide these new services to customers, which are now possible following a change in NDIS funding allocations. Other payment options are available such a private health with HICAPs and fee for service.
Our podiatry clinic can provide assistance with:
- Assessment of your feet, including skin and nail condition, alignment, function and footwear
- Foot care for people with difficulty reaching or accessing their feet, such as preventing pressure sores and basic nail care
- Assistance with circulation, particularly for customers with diabetes
- Prescribing and fitting customised footwear, orthotics and splints
Rocky Bay is currently the only disability service provider to offer podiatry clinic services, with only three registered NDIS podiatrists in Western Australia.
Rocky Bay’s dietetics program offers expert advice in all areas of nutrition. Our dietitian will work with you to optimise your diet to suit your needs. Services include:
- Dietetic consultations and nutritional assessment
- Weight management
- Diabetes management
- Loss of appetite
- Nutrition supplement management
- Feeding assistance management, such as PEG and HEN
- Woking with your speech pathologist to address needs relating to dysphagia
- Working with your speech pathologist or occupational therapist to address fussy eating
What the services involve
Dietetics services will involve a one hour assessment (45 minute face-to-face consult, plus documentation), as well as a follow up appointment.
Podiatry services will involve a 30 minute face-to-face consult, plus documentation.
Cost of services and funding
The cost of these services will be as per the current therapy hourly rate.
Podiatry and dietetics may be explicitly specified in a customer’s NDIS Plan, but can also be accessed under transdisciplinary therapy services.
Our Podiatry and Dietetic services are holding clinics across most Rocky Bay Hubs.
Mosman Park Hub – Weekly every Tuesday afternoon
Cockburn Hub – Weekly every Tuesday mornings and all day Friday
Mandurah Hub – Every six weeks Friday afternoon
Cockburn Hub – Weekly every Tuesday
Mosman Park Hub – Every twelve weeks on Thursday
Mandurah Hub – Every eight weeks Friday afternoon
Ascot Hub – Weekly every Thursday
Duncraig – Every eight weeks Thursday
Whether you are an existing Rocky Bay customer, or a new customer, please contact our Customer Engagement team on 6282 1900 or email [email protected] to find out more about the new services and for help reviewing your plan.
Click here for further information on our podiatry services.
Click here for further information on our dietetics services.