Nominations for the Aspire Awards© are now open!
The Aspire Awards, which are sponsored by Ability First Australian and its members, recognise Australians who live with a disability and whose work and achievements made a positive impact to their profession or the community. The awards honour individuals who have:
- Demonstrated leadership and advocacy in their community across Australia
- Positively contributed to their area of expertise
- Become an encouraging role model and/or mentor
- Contributed to their local, national or international community
- Changed perceptions of disability
- Made a positive contribution towards creating a more inclusive society
Nominations are open for Australian residents over the age of 18 years who have demonstrated achievement in the categories of:
- Medicine (including research)
- Community development and advocacy
- Government and non-government
- Writing, fiction or journalism
- Human rights
Click here to find out more and to nominate. Nominations close Monday 21 October 2019 at 5pm AEST. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in November.