COVID-19 has impacted just about every person on the planet, but thanks to a change in funding, your therapy services can continue at home.
NDIS participants can now access up to $1500 of your NDIS plan for smart devices and exercise equipment (no more than $750 for electrical), so your services can continue wherever you are.
Rocky Bay will help you find, purchase and set up your device, ready for use.
There are some conditions, of course. The item can be purchased if:
- it will maintain funded NDIS supports like a program, therapy or requirement (for example physiotherapy or Auslan interpreting provided via video conferencing), and
- the provider of supports has confirmed in writing the device is necessary to continue supports and services while maintaining physical distancing requirements, and
- it is the lowest specification that will maintain funded supports, and
- you do not already have the item, another suitable item or access to the item, and
- the item has not been funded by another service system (such as education), and
- the item or circumstances are not specifically excluded.
- Participants are able to spend up to $1500 on low cost AT items from their existing budgets.
- Participants should not spend more than $750 on electronic devices needed to maintain existing services.
This is a time limited policy which will be in place until September 2020 and will be reviewed at the end of June 2020. You do not need to be an existing Rocky Bay customer to participate.
For a full explanation of the program please review this document here.
If this sounds good to you, but a little confusing – we understand! Call Customer Engagement on 9383 5111 or complete the form below.