The management of food and nutrition is very important for people living with disability. How you access, prepare and consume food can depend on your circumstances and your diagnosis. Engaging the help of a professional can greatly improve your diet and wellbeing.
Rocky Bay’s dietetics program offers expert advice in all areas of nutrition. Our dietician will work with you to optimise your diet to suit your needs.
- Dietetic consultations and nutritional assessment
- Weight management
- Diabetes management
- Loss of appetite
- Nutrition supplement management
- Feeding assistance management, such as PEG and HEN
- Working with your speech pathologist to address needs relating to dysphagia
- Working with your speech pathologist or occupational therapist to address fussy eating
Dietetics may be explicitly specified in your NDIS plan, but can also be accessed under transdisciplinary therapy services. From October 1 2019, the NDIS listed dietetics as a disability-related health support. Prices are set at standard therapy rates. Ask our friendly Customer Engagement staff if you need assistance accessing dietetics services via your NDIS plan.
Call our Customer Engagement Team during business hours on (08) 6282 1900 or
You can access our services if you have an NDIS plan. We can also support you through the planning process if you do not have a plan already.