Partners and supporters
Rocky Bay is very fortunate to work with some amazing people and organisations to help us achieve our purpose of optimising the quality of life for people living with disability.
We work with so many, it is difficult to credit them all, but here we provide information on some of the many people and organisations who really make a difference:
The Rocky Bay Foundation provides financial support to not-for-profit organisations in the disability service sector. The Foundation was established in 1994 as a trust to ensure funds are available well into the future, providing a source of income toward projects for infrastructure, client comfort, safety, security and technology developments. Visit The Rocky Bay Foundation website.
Rocky Bay is part of Ability First Australia, comprising leading disability service providers in each state. Through Ability First Australia, we are also affiliated with Easterseals, the world’s largest disability service provider, based in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Through these affiliations we are able to share information and best practice, benefit from economies of scale and ensure research and learnings by individual organisations benefit people with disability nationally and even globally.
- The State Government, through the Disability Service Commission (DSC), has continued to provide Rocky Bay with recurrent and one-off grants. Rocky Bay maintains a strong professional relationship with the DSC and its principal officers Chairman, Mr Bruce Langoulant and Director General Dr Ron Chalmers. We thank them both for their support and look forward to the continuation of this strong partnership in the years to come.
- Lotterywest has made it possible for many of our clients to receive grants to modify homes, vehicles and purchase items such as personal alarms. Rocky Bay was also very fortunate to receive grant funding of over $2.6 million towards an IT upgrade including much needed software systems. Lotterywest has been a wonderful supporter of Rocky Bay over many years and we are indeed indebted to them for their outstanding support.
- Audi Centre Perth – a proud partner and supporter of Rocky Bay.
- Automotive Holdings Group (AHG) have hosted an annual Corporate Golf Day, raising over $1.8m in 13 years. Thanks to AHG and in particular, former Managing Director Bronte Howson and Chief Operating Officer AHG – WA & NZ Automotive Tony Salerno, for their magnificent support provided to this event over the years. Our thanks also extend to the many sponsors, auction donors and team entrants.
- The Royal Fremantle Golf Club (RFGC) has supported Rocky Bay for 34 years through its annual Charity Golf Day, raising more than $700,000 in total towards equipment and projects that improve the independence and quality of life for people living with disability. Rocky Bay sincerely thanks the RFGC Committee and the members of the club for supporting the day so passionately over three decades.
- Captivate Connect is a proud supporter of Rocky Bay, providing professional on hold audio to ensure every moment waiting is both enjoyable and engaging for patrons. We would like to extend our thanks to CEO, Mark Horwood, for his generosity and we look forward to Captivate Connect’s continued support in the future.
- Deloitte continues to support Rocky Bay through a combination of board representation, skilled volunteering, probono services and Impact Day activities. The support from Deloitte volunteers has ranged from hands-on projects such as landscaping our new Independent Living Units at 62 McCabe St and accompanying Rocky Bay clients in community activities, to specialised skilled advice that we could not normally afford as a not-for-profit organisation. The engagement, skills and enthusiasm of Deloitte staff has been instrumental in enabling Rocky Bay to identify better ways to market the employability of people with disability to large organisations, as well as make better business decisions regarding the development and expansion of our Advanced Technology Solutions programme.
- JLT Australia and Ansvar Insurance have a long standing relationships with Rocky Bay, providing affordable insurance services and sponsorship of both the AHG Corporate golf day and Royal Fremantle Golf Club Charity Golf Day.
- Zurich Insurance Group have once again agreed for Rocky Bay to access up to $10,000 to be used for Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) related training and in promoting a safety culture across our organisation. Some of these funds will be applied against injury management and OSH representative training.
Thanks to the Swan Canoe Club for storing the Rocky Bay canoe over the years, allowing people with disability the opportunity to enjoy Perth’s beautiful Swan River.
- We are indebted to all the individual volunteers who join us on a regular or one off basis to support us at events, with client services and with our administrative and operational duties to support Rocky Bay in achieving our purpose.
- Schools and universities provide numerous volunteers and our thanks go to to Scotch College, Iona Presentation College, St Hildas Anglican School for Girls, Notre Dame University, Curtin University, Edith Cowan University and Challenger Tafe for their invaluable support in spending time with our clients, working with support staff on recreational activities and taking part in Rocky Bay events.
- Through corporate volunteering, the following organisations have provided their unique talents and support over the past year – AHG, Bankwest, Deloitte, BHP Billiton and Woodside. Staff from these organisations have been involved in workshop facilitation, strategy development, feasibility studies, process efficiency, reporting development as well as more hands on tasks at client events such as the Melbourne Cup lunch.
- Thanks also go to the volunteer organisations Volunteering WA and the Nedlands Volunteer Resource Centre who facilitate many of the corporate and education volunteering opportunities, and Animal Companions for the provision of volunteers and pets for therapeutic visits to Rocky Bay clients.
- Of course, we are extremely grateful to the Rocky Bay board members, past and present, for the time they dedicate and the expertise they provide towards the continued success of Rocky Bay.
Individual donors and foundations
Last but not least, we are extremely grateful to all the individual donors and foundations who have provided Rocky Bay support over the years.
Donations come in the form of bequests, major gifts, regular gifts, one off donations and peer to peer fundraising sponsorship.
We are grateful for any gift, large or small. Donations pay for the things which otherwise wouldn’t be possible and because alternative funding sources cover all Rocky Bay administrative costs, all donations and net proceeds from campaigns and events go directly to projects which support people living with disability.
Acknowledgement of some of our major donors can be found in our Annual Reports.