Our experienced, innovative team of rehabilitation technicians, therapists, upholsterer and support personnel will work with you, your therapists and your family/support worker (where required) to help you achieve your goals.
Services can be provided at our purpose designed clinic rooms in Cockburn or we can come to your home, school or workplace.
Our customised wheelchair and seating services include:
- Designing and customising postural equipment, such as seating cushions and pads to meet your specific requirements and situation.
- Repairing and servicing a range of disability equipment to ensure that it functions correctly and safely.
- Supporting therapists with advice, education, mentoring and coaching and with the provision of up to date research information so they can provide better equipment services to you.
Qualified and experienced therapists will identify the best ways to support your body when you are seated or lying down to ensure that your body shape and alignment are protected. Improved support will improve your comfort, assist in the prevention of skin breakdown and enable you to maintain your mobility and to carry out the activities that you need to do on a day to day basis.
Design and fabrication
- Conduct a physical assessment of your body
- Take pressure readings from your seated or lying positions
- Take a template or measurements of your body shape
- Set up assessment or trial equipment to identify the most effective supports required
- Make recommendations for equipment that can be bought ‘off the shelf’ from other providers
- Manufacture customised supports using a range of foams, fabrics and other materials
- Use state of the art equipment to manufacture complex shapes and designs
Posture Tech can undertake assessments to identify what features you require when purchasing a wheelchair, taking into account where you will use it, for example in your home, at work or in the community.
Assistance can be given with researching the most suitable makes and models of wheelchairs to meet your needs and budget and to complete the manufacturer’s prescription form when you proceed with a purchase.
Where required, training can be provided in driving the wheelchair within the relevant environments.
Our aim is to ensure that your wheelchair suits you rather than you having to fit the chair!
Repairs, servicing and maintenance
Posture Tech can undertake the repair and servicing of wheelchairs and other mobility devices within its purpose built, fully equipped workshop at Cockburn or using a van which has been fitted out to provide a mobile service in the metro area.
Scheduling servicing is a great way to assist in the prevention of unexpected breakdowns!
Our qualified staff can provide training to therapists in the areas of postural care, wheelchair prescription and function and pressure care management.
Training can be tailored to suit specific needs.
What do our services cost?
- Posture Tech requires funding for any work to be done
- Primary therapists will advise as to what funding is available to you
- Posture Tech therapists are able to consult with DSC registered clients free of charge
- Fee for service for therapists, engineer and technician is possible ($100/ hour)
For the mobile community service, there are travel costs in addition to consultation and manufacturing fees.
Contact the Manager Assistive Technology with details of your request and we will provide you with a quote.
Why we’re different
- We are customer focused and provide convenience in the way you can access our services, whether attending our Posture Tech clinics or in the community through use of our mobile service.
- We focus on the individual, ensuring that equipment solutions meet your specific outcomes and needs.
- We have modern equipment and a state of the art workshop, providing up to date design services for custom manufacturing.
- Digital scanning of posture and computer carved cushions specific to individuals body shape.
- Our technical staff (technical officers and upholsterer) are well trained and experienced in working with disability equipment.
- We have qualified and highly experienced occupational therapists with skills in the areas of postural care, assistive technology and environmental controls.
- Our program has continual improvement, research and training programmes in place.
Contact our team during business hours:
Phone: (08) 6399 4191
Online: Send an online enquiry
You can access our services if you have a WA NDIS or NDIS plan, Disability Services Commission funding, Better Start funding, Medicare or if you want to fund your own services. We can also support you through the planning process if you do not have a plan already.
We value that everybody is different, so please contact our Customer Engagement Team on 9383 6113 or email to discuss your individual needs.
Referrals and appointments
For Disability Service Commission (DSC) funded individuals, referrals must be submitted by the individual’s primary therapist as a representative of their funding service provider. The primary therapist will be responsible for negotiating with Posture Tech to identify a suitable appointment time/location on behalf of their client.
For privately funded individuals, the referral can be submitted by the individual themselves, their family or support worker or other advocate. Suitable appointment times can be negotiated directly with Posture Tech.
Appointments with Posture Tech therapists and technical officers may be conducted between 8.30am and 5.00pm from Monday to Friday.
Please ensure any personal care assistance is organised prior to attending, as we have facilities available, however, no support workers.
Please call the Administrative Assistant at Posture Tech on (08) 6399 4191 as soon as possible if you cannot make your scheduled appointment.