Looking for work?
If you have a disability and need employment, Rocky Bay Employment Services could assist you. Employment gives you independence, as well as being a source of extra income and a chance to meet new people.
We work with you to identify your employment goals and understand what you would like to do. We recommend employment options and help you find suitable positions, and market you to employers. We may also be able to help you find a traineeship or apprenticeship if appropriate.
Once you have been successful in obtaining a suitable opportunity for employment, our team of support officers can provide on the job training and ongoing support as required, we will continue to support you as required, to enable you to succeed.
Our services include:
We can assist you with a clear direction toward the career of your choice, speak to one of our consultants for more information.
You are most welcome to come and use the equipment and resources in both of our offices to job search. The resources available for use include computers, newspapers, phones, printers, photocopiers, scanners, fax etc.
We will assist you with:
- Practicing interview skills
- Developing job search skills (courses are run either 1:1 or in a group)
- Undertaking a work sampling where on-the-job training and support at an employer worksite will be provided if required
Rocky Bay Employment Services will assist each job seeker by:
- Working with you to develop your independent job searching skills
- Assisting with preparing cover letters and resumes for job applications
- Assisting with job searching online using job search engines (Seek, Australian jobsearch etc)
Monitoring and support
Services your Monitoring and Support Officer can provide (if required) include:
- Provide you with assistance to learn jobs or tasks
- Assist you in redesigning a task or your position to better suit your skills and abilities
- Assist you to learn the social skills required for the position
- Give you regular feedback about your employment
- Provide physical support if you have a significant disability
- Facilitate your inclusion into the work site
- Ensure you receive a copy of your duty statement
- Identify workplace modifications that will improve your performance and increase your independence. This includes modifications to buildings to improve access etc
Co-workers and management
We provide training to co-workers and management (when required) and provide detailed information on various disabilities as appropriate.
Incudes assistance with the following:
- Your Monitoring and Support Officer or Case Manager can assist you with referrals to other agencies should you require assistance with non-employment related issues (e.g. accommodation, budgeting, community access)
- Rocky Bay Employment Services can assist with career development, i.e. Workers are assisted to develop their skills for promotion or change in career direction
Incudes assistance with the following:
- Transport may be provided where no other service can be utilised. Participants will be charged a nominal fee for this service
- Individuals can be assisted with transport training and using a transport timetable
- Assistance with application for Mobility Allowance through Centrelink
We have new jobs coming up all the time, please register your interest and one of our consultants will contact you to help you find something suitable.
Looking to employ?
We listen and understand your needs as an employer, offering a no cost recruitment service to help grow your business. We work with you to identify ways to free up your valuable time, providing motivated, reliable and dedicated employees of all skill sets to benefit your business will benefit.
As well as recruitment, we offer:
- Post placement support
- On the job training
- Flexible wage subsidies
- Facilitation of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Workplace modifications if required
If you do have positions available, please contact us with details – we may have the perfect candidate for you! Please upload as much detail as possible as an attachment.
If you would just like to explore the potential for employing someone with a disability, our Job Development Consultants will be happy to talk through opportunities to free up your valuable time.
Why we’re different
We pride ourselves on placing the right people into the right workplace ensuring long lasting and rewarding partnerships.
As a not for profit organisation, Rocky Bay Employment Services offers ongoing support to the employee and employer for as long as is required.
We have an extensive and impressive employer and employee portfolio. We are a growing organisation with offices north and south of the river.
Disability Employment Service locations
Rocky Bay Employment Services – South
Address: 13 Baling Street Cockburn Central WA 6164
Phone: (08) 6399 4171
Fax: (08) 6399 4112
Rocky Bay Employment Services – North
Address: 1/59 Walters Drive, Osborne Park, WA 6017
Phone: (08) 9349 6617
Fax: (08) 9349 5849