Disability Employment Services
Looking for work?
Rocky Bay is a registered Disability Employment Service (DES) provider funded by the Department of Social Services to help people with disability prepare for, find and keep a job.
Rocky Bay has successfully tendered for two separate contracts within DES:
- Disability Management Service (DMS) is for job seekers with a disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support to keep a job
- Employment Support Service (ESS) provides assistance to people with permanent disability and who need regular, ongoing support to keep a job.
Disability Employment Services operate in both North and South Metropolitan areas:
If you have a disability and need employment, Rocky Bay Disability Employment Services could assist you. Employment gives you independence, as well as being a source of extra income and a chance to meet new people.
A dedicated Employment Consultant will work with you to identify your employment goals and understand what you would like to do. We recommend employment options and help you find suitable positions, and reverse market you to suitable employers. We may also be able to help you find a traineeship or apprenticeship if appropriate.
Post Placement and Ongoing Support
Once you have been successful in obtaining suitable employment, our Post Placement Support Officers can assist you with any issues or concerns that may arise in the first crucial six months of your employment. If you still require support after 6 months and you are still employed, you will then be supported by one of our skilled Monitoring and Support Officer who will assist you with your ongoing support needs to help you maintain your employment.
Some of the assistances provided in Post Placement and Ongoing Support:
- Checking your pay against the relevant award to ensure you are being paid a fair wage
- Negotiating more hours with your employer if required
- On-the-job training and assistance with getting familiarized with your work routine
- Transport training
Our services include:
We can assist you with a clear direction toward the career of your choice, speak to one of our consultants for more information.
You are most welcome to come and use the equipment and resources in both of our offices to job search. The resources available for use include computers, newspapers, phones, printers, photocopiers, scanners, fax etc.
We also have a long list of employers we have established relationships with who constantly request our services to fill vacancies, so you will have the opportunity to tap into this valuable resource!
We will assist you with:
- Practicing interview skills
- Developing job search skills (courses are run either 1:1 or in a group)
- Undertaking a work sampling where on-the-job training and support at an employer worksite will be provided if required
Rocky Bay Disability Employment Services will assist each job seeker by:
- Working with you to develop your independent job searching skills
- Assisting with preparing cover letters and resumes for job applications
- Assisting with job searching online using job search engines (Seek, Australian jobsearch etc)
Monitoring and support
Services your Monitoring and Support Officer can provide (if required) include:
- Provide you with assistance to learn jobs or tasks
- Assist you in redesigning a task or your position to better suit your skills and abilities
- Assist you to learn the social skills required for the position
- Give you regular feedback about your employment
- Provide physical support if you have a significant disability
- Facilitate your inclusion into the work site
- Ensure you receive a copy of your duty statement
- Identify workplace modifications that will improve your performance and increase your independence. This includes modifications to buildings to improve access etc
Co-workers and management
We provide training to co-workers and management (when required) and provide detailed information on various disabilities as appropriate.
Includes assistance with the following:
- Your Monitoring and Support Officer or Case Manager can assist you with referrals to other agencies should you require assistance with non-employment related issues (e.g. accommodation, budgeting, community access)
- Rocky Bay Disability Employment Services can assist with career development, i.e. Workers are assisted to develop their skills for promotion or change in career direction
We have new jobs coming up all the time, please register your interest and one of our consultants will contact you to help you find something suitable.
Looking to employ?
We listen and understand your needs as an employer, offering a no cost recruitment service to help grow your business. We work with you to identify ways to free up your valuable time, providing motivated, reliable and dedicated employees of all skill sets to benefit your business will benefit.
As well as recruitment, we offer:
- Post placement support
- On the job training
- Flexible wage subsidies
- Facilitation of apprenticeships and traineeships
- Workplace modifications if required
If you do have positions available, please contact us with details – we may have the perfect candidate for you! Please upload as much detail as possible as an attachment.
If you would just like to explore the potential for employing someone with a disability, our Employment Consultants will be happy to talk through opportunities to free up your valuable time.
Why we’re different
We pride ourselves on placing the right people into the right workplace ensuring long lasting and rewarding partnerships.
As a not for profit organisation, Rocky Bay Employment Services offers ongoing support to the employee and employer for as long as is required.
We have an extensive and impressive employer and employee portfolio. We are a growing organisation with offices north and south of the river.