The State Government contract for the Community Refurbished Equipment program (CRE) expires on 30th June 2017, and the Commission has recently decided not to extend beyond this date. Therefore, CRE will be preparing for the cessation of operations.
Following are next steps until the closure:
- The trial and sale of refurbished equipment will continue as usual until 31st May – after this date; no new transactions can be commenced
- Any purchase transactions commenced before 31st May will continue to be processed
- No new items of equipment will be received by the CRE warehouse from 24th April 2017, unless there is an existing demand for the item by a third party
- Before the cessation of the program, refurbished items will be sold to the sector at significantly reduced prices. (The price will cover the cost of refurbishment, to minimise any waste of potentially useful client equipment for West Australians.)
- Space allocated to CRE at Baling Street will now be used for other purposes.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Cheryl Lockwood or phone (08) 6399 4190.