Growing stronger with support from our community
If you have an urge to make a difference in your community; if you have skills, time, contacts or business offers you are willing to offer or share to support people with disability through Rocky Bay, please sign up as a Friend of Rocky Bay – we will let you know when we have a project to suit you.
Rocky Bay would not be the successful organisation it is today without the ongoing support of the West Australian community.
Thanks to generous donations, bequests and support through fundraising events, we have been able to pay for equipment and services that go way beyond basic service provision, breaking new ground and providing those extras that optimise the quality of life for thousands of people living with disability.
It’s not all about money… support comes in many forms:
- Time is a precious commodity and many people spare theirs to support Rocky Bay and those who use our services
- Skills and knowledge are invaluable as we look for better ways to support people with disability in our community
- Gifts and services in kind are of enormous value to both Rocky Bay and our customers, as are special offers and use of equipment or premises
- Voices in the community help us to spread the word, make connections with more people and create a more inclusive society
With your support, we can improve the service Rocky Bay offers to the West Australian community, providing the broadest range of innovative, quality services to people of all ages and any disability.
Become a Friend of Rocky Bay
We are very lucky that we frequently receive requests for volunteer opportunities and offers of support from members of the community, but providing immediate opportunities is not always easy.
‘Friends of Rocky Bay’ is a community engagement program that aims to embrace the West Australian community, capturing your areas of expertise, interest and availability. When projects come up that fit, we will get in touch to see if they may be of interest to you, though of course we can’t promise to have a project for everyone.
It costs nothing to become a Friend of Rocky Bay – just complete the online form and we will send you a welcome email and pack. We will keep you up to date with latest developments at Rocky Bay and you’ll receive an exclusive invitation to a free VIP event at Rocky Bay later in the year.
Together we can make a huge difference to the lives of people with disability.
- What support could you offer?
- Could you support someone with disability at Rocky Bay or in the community?
- Are you a professional with skills or knowledge you’re willing to share – either with people living with disability or with Rocky Bay management?
- Does your business offer pro-bono support or services in kind?
- Do you have any special offers you would like Rocky Bay to pass on to our customers?
- Could you employ someone living with disability?
- Do you run a service or have facilities which might be good for people with disability?
- Are you available to run workshops or creative sessions?
- Are you well connected and willing to encourage others to offer their support?
These are just a few ideas – there could be so many ways to get involved with Rocky Bay – the community supporting the community for the benefit of everybody.
Become a Friend of Rocky Bay today!